The results of the Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers of 2012 have been rolling in over the last few hours, and there have been some real suprises. But how did our local brewers go in this national poll? Read on to find out...
You can find the complete Hottest 100 list here. Congratulations to all the winners, but especially to the local brewers in South-East QLD and Northern NSW who keep the bars and bottleshops in Brisbane supplied with their wonderful brews. Cheers!
Local breweries who placed in the Hottest 100:
2. Stone and Wood Brewing Co* - Pacific Ale
12. 4 Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Pale Ale
23. Burleigh Brewing Company - FIGJAM IPA
47. Burleigh Brewing Company - Pale Ale
55. 4 Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Summer Wheat
56. 4 Hearts Brewing - Ipswich Challenger
71. 4 Hearts Brewing - IPA
73. Stone and Wood Brewing Co - Lager
77. Burleigh Brewing Company - My Wife's Bitter
82. Stone and Wood Brewing Co - Stone Beer
90. Bacchus Brewing Co - Cunning Ninja Imperial IPA
100. Stone and Wood Brewing Co - Garden Ale
*Note: I've included Stone & Wood as a local brewery, because even though it is over the border, it's still a hell of a lot closer to Brisbane than to Sydney. And because I love their beer.